Comms-Tech Agenda and Reminders
- Report on Jackson Meeting
- Revised Technology Principles approved
- Discussion of Comms-Tech draft of ideas for polycentric structure
- Presentation of Map of Communications Tools
- Addition of a Skills Share Task Force
- Website updates--Joseph coordinating --send to: web AT ussocialforum (dot) net
- Mapping the information architecture (Seth)
- Editorial collective newsletter AT ussocialforum (dot) net
- We invite you to join the team that helps produce the newsletter and set guidelines for our social media use.
- Skills sharing task force
- Scheduling Wiki tutorial--preferred day/time?
- Building network of volunteers to support LOCs
- Outreach and building the working group
- Identify groups working in grassroots media/tech to invite to NPC/Allies?
- Next Comms-Tech WG meeting is ??
- USSF 3
- Site meetings- support and training
- Fundraising work
ORGANIZING FOR A DISTRIBUTED USSF: [or "Polycentric"?]
- Plan big push to spread announcement of site
- Identify existing NPC members and possible new invites to NPC membership/Allies who do work in media/community radio—reach out for help on resource raising/ fundraising.
- Meet with Resource Dev. WG to plan resource strategy. Develop grant proposal and list of possible funders. CALL SET UP FRIDAY @ 11AM (605-475-4333 (819050#)
- Develop plan for mobilizing volunteers—including training new technology activists
- Mobilize/recruit -Editorial collective—including lang. justice activist, techie
- Organize regular (monthly?) call to invite people to meet with comms-tech; find out how to use wiki, address other tech needs, build comms-tech work into WG...
- Begin Website-plan for revamp for new USSF?
WORKING GROUP COORDINATION AND TECH CAPACITY:
1. Create our list of asks from the working groups. We should begin a list of things we expect/need from working groups as Comms/Tech/Language-Justice.
- A specific set of activities we expect working groups to have the agency to do themselves, i.e. create mailing lists and email addresses, post content to the website/wiki/whatever, provide translations, be aware of their political choices involved with comm/tech/language decisions.
- Discussion space setup and form?
- Email lists- purge old names when new work group lists established?
2. Formulate a preliminary schedule for tech/language education.
3. Prioritize the various requests that came out of the Monday afternoon session.
ASKS FROM WORKING GROUPS:
- Discuss list to enable communication/discussion outside NPC list:
- Email lists for working groups-need to identify moderators
- Outreach working group Jerome@ssbuilt.com
- Road to USSF-3 wkatzfishman @ igc.org
- Resource Development Working Group ?? (Contacted)
- People’s Movement Assembly Working Group Jerome@ssbuilt.com
- International Committee Jen Cox firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poverty WG Evelyn Dortch (email@example.com)
- Gender Justice Working Group (??) (Contacted)
- Youth (??)