Report Backs on the World Social Forum in Tunis
- Grassroots Global Justice members from the World Social Forum 2013 delegation to Tunisia shared their insights and inspirations in two reportback calls May 8th & 9th. Did you miss both of our World Social Forum reportbacks? No problem! Take the self-guided reportback tour: DOWNLOAD & VIEW the powerpoint and follow along while you LISTEN to one or both of the podcasts of our reportback calls.
VISIT the GGJ blog to READ posts, WATCH videos and VIEW photos from the delegation
Declarations and Initiatives of World Social Forum 2013
Climate Space Initiative The Climate Space represents a new initiative in the WSFs to better coordinate actions to resist false 'solutions' to the climate crisis and advance people's struggles for the rights of Mother Earth.
News and Analyses of WSF Tunis
- Video compilation 15-minute video report on the WSF-Tunis by Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (English subtitles).
- Tunisia, Social Transformation and the World Social Forum: A Perspective on Moving Grassroots Internationalism Forward by Kali Akuno, Malcolm X Grassroots Movement
- Snapshots from Tunis Sarah Lazare, War Times
- Analysis: Decolonizing the WSF Justin Hyatt reports in IPS News of the discussions of the future of the WSF.
- World Development Movement Report Back on the WSF Read details of the 'Climate Space’ in this year’s forum, which closed with a ‘convergence assembly’ to develop a statement about moving forward on this issue.
- Social Forum produces "positive chemical reaction" Eric Toussaint, coordinator of the Committee for the Abolition of the Third World Debt
- Response to Morroccan delegates' challenge to Social Movement Assembly WSF Assembly affirms solidarity with the Swharawi people.
- Where Next for the WSF? John Hilary, War on Want
- Challenges of Arab Uprisings Seen at WSF Medea Benjamin Common Dreams
- Video Coverage of World Social Forum 2013 View highlights of this year's WSF in Tunis on WSF TV!
- At World Social Forum: Unity and Dissent Within Global MovementsJordan Flaherty, Truthout
- World Social Forum Still Meeting its Challenge, by Immanuel Wallerstein
- Tunis: A tale of two World Social Forums Nick Dearden Red Pepper
- World Social Forum Opens in Tunisia by JORDAN FLAHERTY, Counterpunch
- La Via Campesina Press Conference at WSF Small scale food producers as they continue their work to advance justice and survival for all people.
- Tunisia World Social Forum to blast austerity Al Jazeera reports from Tunis.
- As Neoliberal Order Wreaks Havoc, World Social Forum Gathers in Tunisia Climate crises, austerity, and the policies of the elite to be challenged by call for 'dignity' at World Social Forum March 26, 2013
- Greenpeace International Blog A more just, peaceful and sustainable world is possible - World Social Forum 2013, Kumi Naidoo, Executive Director, Greenpeace International
News from US Social Forum and other Participants at the WSF
- Occupy Wall Streeet/Indignados/Arab Revolution meets WSF: Visit the Global Square
- International Alliance of Inhabitants at the WSF Members of the USSF delegation are a part of the IAI. See what they’re talking about in Tunis.
Recommended Readings: Here's what delegates to the World Social Forum have been reading in preparation for their trip. Those who wish to get up to speed on the exciting work being done to make another world a reality will enjoy these.