From US Social Forum Wiki
For USSF 2010 I'm working on:
- I DREAM A GARDEN song/community dance at GenesisHOPE Community Garden & Genesis Choir, Great Leap (L.A.), Boggs Center (Detroit), Friday, June 25, 7 pm, 7200 Mack Ave, Detroit
- "What Can a Song Do?", Hart Plaza Stage- Nobuko Miyamoto, 40 years of song and social activism promo trailer
- "“What’s the Future of APIAs…?” Dialog on the movement and PMA,with Grace Lee Boggs , Friday June 25,4-6pm at Genesis Lutheran, 7200 Mack Ave., Detroit
- Asian Pacific Islander American outreach ,
- People's Media Center, web streaming and recording
- Leftist Lounge, Friday, June 25, 9pm- 3am, Eastern Market District @ Russell St + Division St
- and legal observing in Detroit for the march.
I'm Rob Yanagida, an activist based in Santa Cruz, CA, involved in legal and social justice work.
- TUPOCC (The United People of Color Caucus) of the National Lawyers Guild - A nat'l network of "Legal Activists of Color", radical and progessive lawyers, legal workers and students. (Blog) (Twitter)
- Homeless Garden Project (Santa Cruz) - urban farm that trains homeless and low income people in organic farming.
- Boggs Center To Nurture Community Leadership (Detroit) To help grassroots activists; strategies for rebuilding and respiriting our communities from the ground up, demonstrate the power of ideas to transform ourselves, our reality and demystify leadership. - supporter. (Blog) (Facebook)
- Asian Law Caucus Advocacy of the rights of Asian and Pacific Islander communities, S.F. - affiliated attorney (Blog)
- Asian Americans for Equality (NYC)- civil rights, immigrant services, housing - founder, campaign for minority construction workers at Confucius Plaza, 1974 (Confucius Plaza Struggle Video)
- Basement Workshop Inc. - first Coordinator; a pioneering API culture, education and arts space in the '70s and '80s in Chinatown, NYC; "Yellow Pearl Collection" - co-editor/publisher, included Yellow Pearl song
- Ballad of Vincent Chin Charlie Chin performs a ballad he wrote in response to the beating death in Detroit in 1982 of Vincent Chin, and which preceded nat'l campaigns against anti-Asian violence and hate crimes in the '80s-'90s. Live - NYC, 2009
also check out