Results (who said yes to the nominations - now co-leads nominees are meeting to determine next steps, and team meetings will be the week of Nov 15):
Transition Team: Walda, Rosalinda, Diana, Maureen, Alicia with Adrienne on staff support
Wrap Up: Kiran, with Maureen as staff support
Synthesis/Eval: George, Jackie with Will on staff support
Political Security: Sara, Kali, B with Adrienne on Staff support
Membership Analysis: Corina, Adele with Will on staff support
Resource Development: Michael, Sha with Sylvia on staff support
Strategy: Marian, Jerome, Alan, Fred, Steph with Sylvia on staff support
- Below is the full list of nominees, in order (based on how many nominees are needed), with notes when a) the person nominated themselves, b) was nominated in the first round and declined, or c) is already lead on another team.
- We have not checked the availability or capacity of these nominees yet, this is simply a listing of folks nominated.
NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED and nominees have been contacted!
C-Team (Will, Sylvia, Maureen, Adrienne, Marian, Michael, Alicia, Steph, Diana, B)
- P.S. At the very bottom of this wiki page is the original email explaining each team!
- NEED 2-3 nominees:
- 1. Transition Team
- Diana C
- Maureen (nominated self)
- Cara Page
- Michael (already lead on RD)
- Jen Cox
- Cheri Honkala
- Stephanie (declined nomination in round 1)
- 2. Wrap-Up:
- Will (already lead on M.A.)
- Sylvia (already lead on RD)
- NEED 1-2 nominees:
- 3. Evaluation (George):
- Jackie Smith
- Will (already lead on M.A)
- 4. Strategy (Steph w/Marian):
- Oya Amakisi
- Fred (nominated self)
- Alan Haber
- Odile Haber
- 5. Membership Analysis (Will):
- 6. Resource Devo (Sha, Sylvia, Michael)
- 7. Political Security (Sara, Kali, B)
- who voted:
- - EMEAC
- - CTWO danielle mahones
- - WILPF Terry Micus
- - RUCKUS Adrienne Maree
- - STAFF: Will Copeland, Adele Nieves, Sylvia, Akudo
- - DLOC: Quintin Williams, Fred Vitale, Oya Amakisi
- - MWRO: Maureen, Marian
- - PROJECT SOUTH
- - PPHERC - Mary Brickner,
- - CENTER for SOCIAL JUSTICE
- - AFSC, Darryl Jordan
- - USPCN, Mezna Qato
- - LRNA, Walda Katz-Fishman
- - WOCU, Jacqui Patterson
- - JUBILEE, Brooke Harper
- - LCSC, Tammy Bang-Luu
- - GGJ, Cindy
- - PISAB
- - Sociologists w/o Borders, Jackie Smith
- - Southwest Workers Union
- - Center for Media Justice
- - Jobs with Justice
- - Freedom Road Socialist Org
Oct 22 Email
This email is a bit long and VERY VERY important to the Future of the Forum. We need your responses by WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2010, 5pm...it will take about 5-10 minutes and is REQUIRED for NPC members. : )
[We've been trying to send this through the list for 24 hours to no avail, so if it suddenly shows up multiple times, sorry!]
- : :
The C-Team is working seriously on getting the Transition Body in place. We have reviewed the nominees, checked in with folks who were nominated around availability, and discussed what will make this Transition Body as strong as possible (the in-depth description of each body is attached). We believe co-leads for each team will make sure this transition phase succeeds. Below is a list of the teams and the names of folks who were nominated and are willing to accept. There are a couple of teams that have still not landed 1-3 leads, and that's where we need YOU TO NOMINATE a lead, or co-leads.
WHO YOU CAN NOMINATE: Any DLOC volunteer, committee representative, OC member (http: //wiki.ussf2010.org/wiki/Organizing_Committee#OC_reps), NPC member and anchor (http: //wiki.ussf2010.org/wiki/2010_NPC_and_Contacts) may be nominated to be part of a team or team lead. We will check in with all nominees to ensure their capacity and availability. Please consider a cross-section of local and national, volunteer and staff, as well as race, age, ability, orientation and gender when making nominations.
--> Complete Teams (have leads, don't need nominations)
1. Political Security:
· FUNCTION: Create a plan for internal and information security for the forum as attention/attack from the right rises
· LEADS: Sara Kershnar, Kali Akuno and B Loewe
· FOLKS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN WORKING ON THIS: Mezna USPCN, Terry FM, Jamie, Adele, Oya, Ife Kilimanjaro
· 2. Resource Development:
· FUNCTION: Determine resource needs of the transition phase; Build & manage a 6-month budget; Complete the assessment of USSF costs to include in the Report, including dissemination and analysis of in-kind questionnaire for lead organizations; Transfer funder relationships into new phase.
· LEADS: Sylvia Orduno, Michael Leon Guerrero/Sha Grogan-Brown
· FOLKS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN WORKING ON THIS: · Jacqui P, Monica B (Sisters of the Road), Genaro, Michael, Sha, B, Walda, Nisa J, Charity H, Tara PPEHRC
--> Half-Complete Teams (have one lead, need at least one more)
3. MEMBERSHIP ANALYSIS:
· FUNCTION: Create a member assessment form based on the Evaluation meeting to get feedback on questions/concerns; Invite short position papers from lead organizations to share and inform political process; Contact NPC/DLOC members to assess participation, commitment, and roles; Produce proposal for new structures that match the function and purpose of the USSF.
· CRITERIA: familiarity with current NPC members, willingness to do phone interviews and follow-up
· LEAD ALREADY IN PLACE: Will Copeland
· FOLKS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN WORKING ON THIS: · Alicia POWER, Alan Haber, Flo Razowsky IJAN (after 11/12/10), Corina McCarthy-Fadel YOUTH, Tara Colon PPEHRC, Adrienne
· FUNCTION: Discuss and determine the political organizing and strategy steps between Forums; Produce a proposal with multiple options for Spring 2011 NPC meeting (including: Roadshow ideas, PMA organizing plan, regional and local forum templates; consultations, etc.)
· CRITERIA: on-going connection to USSF process, connection or familiarity with international social forum, interested in moving the PMA process forward as well as regional forums, thematic assemblies & forums
· LEAD ALREADY IN PLACE: Steph Guilloud (Marian on support)
· FOLKS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN WORKING ON THIS: Mezna, Cindy Domingo/Rosalinda Guillen, Alfredo Lopez, Heather IP working group, Diana EMEAC, Jerome Scott, Walda Katz-Fishman, Odile Hugonot Haber WILPF (email@example.com), Flo Razowsky IJAN, Emily Kawano SEN, Jen Cox PPEHRC, Alicia POWER, Tammy LCSC, Marian Kramer, Oya, Sarita, Eddie
· FUNCTION: Compile and gather all data (including additional NPC surveys, Work Reports, Anchor/Detroit reports; Analyze data; Organize reporting materials; Produce comprehensive report on the USSF 2010 that lays out how it happened; the major lessons learned; recommendations; and outstanding questions or unresolved issues.
· CRITERIA: interest in reviewing collected data, summarize reports, write documents, story telling, reaching folks who are offline, Detroiters, and people of color.
· LEAD ALREADY IN PLACE: George Friday
· FOLKS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN WORKING ON THIS: Mezna, Steph, Jacqui Patterson, Jackie Smith, Tdka, Louis, Will
--> Incomplete Teams (Teams that have no lead currently, please nominate two names)
· FUNCTION: To coordinate the teams and to finalize proposals to bring to full NPC/DLOC. C-Team functions continue here in terms of coordination – final decisions on non-emergency items go to NPC. Unresolved issues like Data Policy & Intl representation should be discussed and revised proposals to go to NPC.
· CRITERIA: interest in providing needed supervision and follow-up to delegated tasks in other teams and committees, facilitation skills, interest in supporting people getting the work done. We are looking for folks with C-team experience, Anchor experience, and/or NPC experience
· FOLKS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN WORKING ON THIS: · Alicia POWER, Walda LRNA, Jerome LRNA, Rosalinda, Tom IEN, Sara K IJAN, Tara, Will DLOC, Adrienne, Diana Copeland anchor/ EMEAC
· FUNCTION: Identify needs in Detroit with anchor organizations; Contact Working Group chairs for wrap-up needs; identify grievances & potential conflict resolution processes; Support staffing benchmarks for the next few months.
· CRITERIA: local Detroit representation, nitty-gritty detail oriented, familiarity with Anchors, good facilitation and conflict resolution skills, willing to do telephone follow-up and draft proposals · (One lead each from Detroit and the NPC)
· FOLKS WHO HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN WORKING ON THIS: · Terry, Derek PI SATS, Maureen, Ahmina anchor/ EMEAC, Alan Haber (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you all so much for your time and attention to this key phase of our work!
The C-Team (Alicia, B, Diana, Maureen, Marian, Michael, Steph, Sylvia, Will, Adrienne)