From US Social Forum Wiki
DEBRIEF: Streaming TECH:
- Interpretation setup/ can we move away from main camera/mic?
- Sound quality was not great. Can we have mic near speakers rather than on camera? Esp. poor quality with Ethel's Skype -which was picked up through a speaker.
- Assign emcee for stream: Need more communication with stream audience.
- Timing: Coordinate room to be more mindful of our connection to streaming audience. (Dinner ran late, hard to get group to start when announced stream was to start).
- Panel participants: George recommended responding to people in room/opportunities to invite folks to show diversity of movements (panel was 4 African Americans & white woman—room had Latino/Asian).
- More organizing of organizations to plug into stream and use for organizing—input local feedback into national.
- Some people reported that tehy couldn't view in their browser. Can we list recommended browsers and settings?
- Can we create a way for people to test their connections prior to the stream? Sound and image? (Like Skype does)